PORTATIVE ORGAN | Level 2 – Intermediate
Portative Organ II: Towards Expressivity and Flexibility
6 sessions - Self-paced
Once initiated in the organ, it is essential to increase in precision and expressive capabilities. This course focuses on developing a strong below technique which allows for great flexibility and playing accuracy. The course also explores the use of free rhythm and rhetorical playing through the study of different medieval repertoires. We will contemplate the most poetic side of the instrument and expand the number of pieces of your repertoire.
In this course students will:
Learn further insights on the immense possibilities of the bellow
Discover a variety of articulations on the keyboard
Improve sound definition
Apply the learned tools on musical works
Explore different repertoires
Cristina Alís Raurich
DATES & DURATION
Feb 20 – Jun 19, 2023
6 sessions – Self-paced
1 credit ECTS: 360€
English - Spanish
Level 2 / Intermediate
No experience with the instrument is required. Student must have basic musical knowledge and be able to read modern music notation.
Access to a portative organ is necessary.
Session 1 | Bellow: Back to basics
Session 2 | Bellow: Modulating the sound inside one note
Session 3 | Bellow: Modulating the sound inside a phrase
Session 4 | Articulating with the fingers
Session 5 | Attack of the notes combined with the bellow
Session 6 | Tuning and flexibility while playing two notes at a time
This course will be comprised of:
- 6 virtual one-on-one lessons (1 hour each)
- Recorded introductory lecture or one group live Q&A session (30 min)
- 6 tutorial videos (10-15 minutes each)
- Downloadable materials and links to additional resources
Schedules and assignments:
- The class dates and times will be scheduled with the instructor.
- There will be some suggested deadlines to submit assignments.
- The student workload to take the lessons, review the materials and practice is approximately 4.25 hours per session.
- Students taking the course for credit must complete all assignments and class requirements.
- Broadband Internet connection / WIFI
- External or internal webcam
- External or internal microphone
- Speakers or headphones
- Possibility of printing downloaded materials
- Possibility of scanning your assignments
- Possibility of auto-recording (audio and video)
Places are limited for each section, so sign up early.